That year, President, Hillary Roberts, (photo: 4th person from the left) was summoned to Washington, DC to receive an award for our first international project with Bonn, Germany in ordinance with the United Nations World Leadership event. IYV 2001 was also the beginning of our state-wide, unified volunteer network under our official 501c3 non profit designation. The beautiful crystal world globe we received from American journalist, Cokie Roberts during the awards ceremony, adorns our HQ to this day!
- From Our mailbox – Richmond University Medical Center Staten Island, NY
- From Our mailbox – K. Hovnanian Children’s Hospital at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Thank You!
- Project ideas beyond blanket making
- Daily Point of Light award
- Caravan of Love – Blankie Depot’s volunteer delivery team
- Service Learning – Rutgers Preparatory School
- Baby Shoe Pattern
- From The Archives: Circa 2001 – International Year of the Volunteer Workshop, YMCA/Red Bank, NJ
- From Our mailbox – Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- Compassion in a Box
- Together, we make all the difference!
- Service Learning
- Crochet for a Cause Workshop