Students participating in Blankie Depot’s service learning programs are coordinated with leadership from NJ schools, colleges, scouting, libraries, summer camps and museum art programs. To date, more than 45,000 students have participated in our programs donating a total of 22,000 blankets.
It is clear that today’s youth will bring excitement and energy to community programs that reinforce the scope of volunteerism and given the opportunity take a personal role in contributing to our world.
Completed art murals have reached children as far as India and adorn the hallways, hospital rooms and bedroom walls of some of the most fragile children Project Linus NJ has reached locally, national and internationally.
What better voices of volunteerism than our children. Partners in healing, on a mission of hope.
Our Kids Helping Kids Mural Program has over 440 schools and community groups to thank with collectively more than 34,000 individual blankets completed.
If you are interested in learning how your school or community club can join our family of youth volunteers, below are a few suggestions.
- Blanket makers of all skill levels welcome!
- Create no-sew fleece blankets that can be finished in 30 minutes!
- Conduct a yarn or fabric drive at your school or local business.
- Distribute our brochure—help us find blanket makers who want to join our team!
- Write a volunteer story for our newsletter, “The Blanketeer,” and we will publish it.
- Support our Wishlist!
Please email the Director to offer your support: email@example.com